How do you protect your child from the coronavirus? How do you make sure that your child is properly equipped to face his day to day activity if he cannot wear an N95 Mask? How do you teach your child about the proper way of taking care of himself? With that, the following are some of the things that you should know more about when it comes to the alternative ways that you can protect your child from the virus.
Your Child Is Vulnerable
Your child is vulnerable from the virus. His health and safety is up to you. Without an N95 Mask, how do you protect him? There are a few alternate ways.
The Alternative Ways For Kids To Stay Protected
Given that there is definitely a lot of talk about how children cannot wear N95 masks, you have probably accepted that already as a fact. But, that does not mean that your child cannot be protected from the virus.
With that, the following are some of the ways to protect your child against the coronavirus.
Ages 0 to 2
If your child is a newborn or an infant, the best protection that he has against the virus is you. As a parent, it is your responsibility to keep your child protected and it is your duty to make sure that you follow all of the safety protocols. With that, the following are some of the things that you can do:
- Educate Yourself About The Masks. Keep in mind that education is the right way for you to stay protected. The masks are there for a reason and the protocols are there for a reason. Never make the mistake of thinking that you are exempted from the protocol because you are not. The more information that you know about the masks, the better it is for you to handle the situation.
- Wear Your N95 Masks At Home. The only way that your child may get the virus is if you carry it from the outside to inside your home. Just because you are at home, you should forget about the safety protocols. Make sure that you wear your N95 Masks at home so your baby is protected.
- Do Not Forget About The Protocols. Once you get home from work or from doing errands, you should not forget about the protocols. Before handling your baby or doing anything like touching or kissing your baby, you should keep in mind that you should take a bath and make sure that you are clean. You should wash your hands, sanitize, and follow the safety protocols that are required of you outside. Think of yourself as the barrier that will protect your baby from the virus.
Ages 2 to 4
If you have a toddler, it can get tricky for you to handle them. You may have a hard time dealing with this age during this pandemic as you are facing the very curious age. Your child may want to learn more about his surroundings and you may want to be the one to tell him about it. If you want to make sure that your child is protected from the virus, you should teach your child about the facts that he needs to learn more about.
- Tell them about the virus. Letting your child know about the existence of the virus is necessary. Make sure that you do everything in your power to keep them informed of the risk.
- Create a safe play space. Your child may not be able to wear an N95 Mask but it is up to you to create a safe play space for your child. Keep in mind that you are in control of your child’s health and safety and if your child really wants to play or you want to allow your child to play, make sure that you create a safe play space.
- Try to fit them with an N95 mask. The best protection is still an N95 Mask, before you try to say that an N95 Mask will not fit your child, you should at least give it a try.
Ages 5 to 10
If you have a child that is at this age, teaching them about the ways of the virus as well as the safety protocol is easier. With that, keep in mind that you should have some visual aids that would help you and your child learn more about the virus.
Ages 10 to 18
At this age, the N95 Masks may already fit your child. If your child is already at this age, they should already know how to protect themselves and wear the N95 Masks properly.
Teach The Child About The Safety Protocols
At the end of the day, your child’s safety is determined by you and the way that you handle the information. Make sure that you teach your child about the safety protocols, the proper way to use N95 Masks, and how you can safely do things that will help you take care of them. The best way to protect them against the virus without access or use of N95 Masks is to keep them safe at home or, at the very least, teach them about the safety protocols that they should know more about. It is up to you to protect your child, always keep this in mind.