Surgical masks are considered as the most important and most easily available supply of personal protective equipment that an individual can get his hands on. Surgical masks are not always used by individuals in the United States while some Asian countries use them whenever one does not feel good or needs to protect himself from the environment.
If you are not in the medical field and you are not new to the game of personal protection, you need to make sure that you have the right supply of surgical masks for your health and to make sure that you have the right facts about it. In this article, we will discuss the basic information about the surgical masks and everything that a person should know about surgical masks.
Basic Facts About Surgical Masks
There are a lot of things that you should know surgical masks and they are the following:
How To Properly Wear A Surgical Mask?
It is important for individuals to know how they can wear a surgical mask. The following are the things that individuals should know about how they can properly wear a surgical mask:
- Make sure that you have clean hands. When you clean your hands, you should either clean it using the process that has been approved by the health experts or by using an alcohol based sanitizer.
- Before you put on the mask, you should make sure that it has no tear or any holes. The holes and the tears might cost you because you may contract it. Make sure that you check the quality of the mask.
- Locate the metal strop and make sure that you can fit it on your nose. This adjustment is necessary so that the mask would at least feel clean and have the right level of protection that it aims to give.
- The colored side always faces outward and always comes out.
- You should make sure that you mold the metal strip to the shape of your nose.
- Carefully loop the elastic bands behind the ears or behind your head depending on where the bands are located. You can definitely enjoy this part because comfort is important when you are wearing a mask.
- Pull the bottom of the mask down and make sure that it covers the important parts. The important parts are the chin, the nose, and the mouth. These should be protected by the personal protective equipment.
- Try to avoid touching the mask when you are wearing it. It is your responsibility to make sure that you follow the health and safety protocol. This is the best way to be sure that you will stay away from the virus.
- Take off the mask and make sure that you unloop the bands properly. Do not touch the mask at all.
- Promptly dispose of the mask in a closed garbage bin. Make sure that you thoroughly clean your hands.
Best Practices During The Coronavirus
It is important that you do the following best practices to protect the supply of surgical masks during the time of the pandemic:
- The government wants to reserve N95 masks and N95 respirators to healthcare workers, frontliners, and those who work in highly populated areas. Keep in mind that you need to always do this part so you are sure that those who are responsible for the health and life of many individuals will be able to get just that.
- If you are not feeling well or you are currently ill, you should wear a surgical mask. You should also wear a surgical mask if you have been diagnosed with the coronavirus.
- Surgical masks are meant to be disposable. Keep this in mind and do not reuse them at all.
- Make sure that you have clean hands when you are wearing your surgical mask.
Keep Your Health In Mind
When you are handling a surgical mask, you should make sure that you keep your health in mind. You are wearing a mask because you want to protect yourself from the virus. Improper mishandling could be detrimental to your health. Wear the right surgical mask but you should also make sure that you wear it right and properly. Your health and safety is always up to you.