N95 masks have been one of the most important things that you can buy at a time of a health crisis. Countries all over the world have put focus on many of their health protocols and on many things that would allow them to work for the best level of protection. N95 masks as well as all other personal protective equipment are some of the most important products that people want to have.
If you are a big country or a big hospital, you expect to get the best products available. But, what if you think that you received counterfeit N95 masks? In this article, let us discuss Care New England's Claim that it received counterfeit N95 masks.
Care New England's Claim
The claim was discussed when Care New England notified all the staff at its hospitals that it needs to discard a particular face mask that they bought as the masks turn out to be counterfeit.
In a statement to the Journal, Care New England spokeswoman Raina Smith made the following statements: “Care New England has received confirmation that at least one lot of Makrite N95 respirators in our possession is not an(sic) authentic Makrite product. At this time, there is no way to know by examining the respirator whether the one you have is real or counterfeit. Therefore, please discard any Makrite respirator that you are currently using, and any that you may have set aside for future use”.
What Happens To The Supply?
Care New England has made it clear that they still have an adequate supply of alternative respirators on hand. They are actively making sure that they can have alternatives available for their staff.
The Makrite respirators were said to have been purchased by the company from a reliable vendor who provided them with everything that they needed. The masks also did not show any signs that the masks were counterfeit and it seems as if the company really got the product approved by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health nor were there any kind of misprints on packaging.
The health care system also said that they contacted the vendor but despite reassurance from the vendor, they still felt that the masks they received is something that is not authentic.
How Did Care New England Determine The Illegitimacy Of Their Products?
There are many important aspects that Care New England looked at when checking their supply of the N95 masks and the N95 respirators. The following were the steps:
- They experienced a higher than usual fit-testing fail-rate;
- They heard news from the others in the state that they had received counterfeit products;
- They submitted pictures of the mask, its packaging, and lot number directly to Makrite; and
- Makrite notified them that the lot numbers they submitted were not authentic.
The Solution Of Care New England
Of course, it is necessary for the healthcare company to provide a solution to the problem. Just recently, they have been able to purchase some additional 3M products which are made in the United States and are more trustworthy.
What Can You Do To Prevent This Thing To Happen To You?
If you are a big company or a company that has worked your best to make sure that you will get the best protection that you need, the following are the steps that you should take:
- Buy from reputable sellers. You should make sure that you try to buy from reputable sellers. There are a lot of sellers of N95 masks, N95 respirators, as well as all other personal protective equipment, make sure that you will have the best experience by buying from a reputable seller with good reviews and a good name.
- Make sure that you check United States made products. It is easier to track and trace the products if you get them from a source near you. The N95 masks, N95 respirators, as well as all other personal protective equipment, are always available for you and your needs in your own country. In the United States alone, there are so many ways for you to buy American made N95 masks, N95 respirators, as well as all other personal protective equipment.
- Rely on reviews. There are a lot of companies with a lot of reviews. You should check out the experience that others had with the N95 masks, N95 respirators, as well as all other personal protective equipment.
- Check the lot number on the seller. The lot number on the seller is easily verifiable through their website. The same is true with products from 3M and all other American companies that create N95 masks, N95 respirators, as well as all other personal protective equipment.
Trust Only The Experts
When it comes to N95 masks and all other personal protective equipment, it is important to trust only the experts. There are so many people who can handle a good experience but not a lot of people who can handle a bad experience.
If you make an online purchase and you end up getting scammed or getting a counterfeit material, you will probably not want to buy anything like that again. With that, keep in mind that you can always have N95 masks and all other personal protective equipment coming from the experts. The experts are here for you and the suppliers that are authentic will always be ready to help you.