The spreading covid-19 disease worldwide has made us all-rounder on how to safeguard ourselves. Not only us but also the medical healthcare workers who are directly involved with the corona patients are very much wanting to acquire a certain shield for protection from getting infected by the novel coronavirus. And make a condition that comes into play when a virus breakout or disease is spread worldwide as a and is inflicting everyone present on the earth, especially humans.
The medical healthcare workers have played an important role and have come up the true warriors. They have to not only come in contact with the patients but also look after them and might come in contact with the infectious fluids that are coming through them; therefore, they need protection, and one of the best protective devices that have always been preferred is the personal protective equipment.
Medical healthcare workers such as like doctors, nurses, and other members involved in the medical services prefer many types of personal protective equipment Below are a few of the personal protective equipment that you should be aware of before getting into the part where the medical healthcare professionals are using these,
- N95 Respirators: These are one of the most preferred personal protective equipment. Below are some of the points that you should be very well aware of about the N95 Respirators,
- The N95 respirators are the personal protective equipment that has been tested and certified by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Care.
- The N95 respirator is made and customized so that its face fits the face structure with ultimate efficiency.
- Surgical Masks: These are another type of personal protective equipment that has been used by people all over the world for acquiring protection against two coronaviruses. Below are some of the points about surgical masks and why they are important,
- These are three-layered masks that have been given certification by the food and drug administration.
- The three layers of this mask are made out of a melt blowing the polymer present globally, especially a polymer named polypropylene.
- Cloth Masks: Below are some of the points about cloth mask that are necessary for people to know so that they can decide between what marks should they prefer and what should they leave for the people who are in need,
- The Cloth Masks are Face Masks, which create a barrier between the wearer and the microorganisms in the outside environment.
- This face mask is prescribed for normal citizens to use the main masks that can be a protective shielding for the medical healthcare professional.
- Face Shields: These are another type of personal protective equipment that is used by people for getting detected by the coronavirus has spread all over the world and below are some points about it,
- The face shield is a plastic covering that is worn in front of your eyes, mouth, and nose, and it is provided stability by the headband that is worn around the skull of a person who is trying to gain protection against the covid-19 virus that has been spread all over the world.
- They do not provide the level of efficiency provided by N95 respirators, but they do provide better breathability as found in it.
Whenever it has come to practices in the medical field, especially surgery, face masks have always been predominant since the time back. Below we will try to unveil how do doctors wear surgical masks,
- What are the reasons for putting on a surgical mask?
- How do doctors wear surgical masks?
What are the reasons for putting on Surgical Masks?
Before discussing the methods of how the doctors wear surgical masks, we first need to ensure the main reasons and importance of surgical masks in the medical settings. Just like we need to know a product very well before buying it for ourselves similarly, we need to understand the importance of surgical masks before understanding how to use them or how the doctors use them. Below are some of the reasons for putting on the surgical masks,
- One of the first and foremost reasons for putting on the surgical mask, especially in pandemic times, is the widespread coronavirus and finding our Shield against that virus. Similar goes for medical health care workers. They also need to protect themselves and protect themselves and their families so that they do not get infected by the prominent and hazardous virus that has been spread over the world.
- Another most important reason for the surgical masks being used in the medical settings is to protect the patient undergoing surgery from any infection fluids or bacteria as extra to enter into the body and inspect them and contaminate them with some disease in the environment.
- The third most obvious reason for using surgical masks is to protect the surgeons are the doctors employed or any other medical Health Care workers are employed in surgery from any infectious fluids coming from the patient who is being examined or is undergoing surgery.
How do doctors wear surgical masks?
Below are the points which will describe how do doctors wear surgical masks to you, in brief, get the very qualitative amount,
- Doctors below the Face Shield put on the surgical masks to provide extra protection to themselves.
- Surgeons put these on by applying necessary procedures for contaminating and sterilizing them well before putting them on.