We are all at this time surviving in a world that has been prone to the pandemic caused by Covid-19 for about a year now. The virus was first spotted in Wuhan, a district of China, when it started its journey and inflicted all the world with its disease named Covid-19. The Covid-19 virus spreading worldwide caused changes that were inserted in our lives, including incorporating the protective equipment life mask N95 respirators, etc., in our daily use.
To top it all, we have recently been watching and listening to news that a new strain of covid-19 has been spotted in many countries and is spreading rapidly. The covid-19 virus has made us aware of any Personal Protective Equipment we have never informed ourselves about. The constant surge in the Covid-19 cases has led people to incorporate their lifestyle with masks like N95 respirator, Surgical Masks, and cloth masks, etc.
When Personal Protective Equipment is looked into deeply, many of them have different certifications from different places of origin. Personal Protective equipment is being presented in different sizes, colors, and markets, making it difficult for the people to choose the right mark for themselves. One of the most common respirators and the dilemma that you feel in choosing one of the two are the N95 Respirators and the KN95 respirators. Here are some of the points that we will be discussing to differentiate the breathability between the N95 masks and KN95 respirators,
- What are KN95 Respirators?
- What are N95 Respirators?
- Similarities between both the N95 and KN95 Respirators
- Differences between N95 Respirators and KN95 Respirators
- The difference in the breathability of the two masks
What are KN95 Respirators?
There is much Personal Protective Equipment produced by different countries and different manufacturing companies worldwide, one of which is KN95 Respirators.
The part that makes KN95 Respirators differ from other respirators is that KN95 masks have a certification provided by China, Japan, and Korea.
Because the KN95 respirators are known to provide 95 percent protection to the microorganisms like viruses, bacterias, etc., in the environment are used by people for protection against Covid-19.
What are the N95 Respirators?
The N95 respirators are one of the most common and in-demand all over the world. These respirators have become the overall world's preference because they have provided certification from both Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDA) and National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Care (NIOSH).
These masks do not have any certification provided by the countries like China, Korea, and Japan that have been provided no certification by the United States of America.
Buying something for ourselves, we are always afraid that what will be the quality; the N95 Respirators protect against the covid-19 virus as it has an efficiency of 95%, so it purifies about 95% of the bacteria from the outside environment when the air comes into the inside environment of yours. They also do not provide any protection against oil-based aerosols as they are not designed for it.
Similarities between both the N95 and KN95 Respirators
There are many respirators in the market, and they have similarities in one way or the other they may have their differences, but there are many similarities that you should be aware of.
Similar goes on with the N95 respirators and the KN95 respirators in the market. Below are some similarities between N95 Respirators and KN95 Respirators,
- The first similarity between the N95 mask and KN95 mask is that they are both made of three layers, and the fabric is used as a synthetic material made out of melt blowing a polymer. Both the N95 mask and the KN95 masks are not at all meet to use them.
- Though both the N95 mask and KN95 mask can be cleaned and reused in the scenario we live in, there is a great shortage of these respirators worldwide. The cleaning business procedure is provided by the authorities responsible for the healthcare safety of the people living in the world.
- When it comes to the mask's compatibility, please mass both of the mass are not compatible with children of people with a beard on their face does not protect the people in the age group of 0 to 7 to the people who have facial hair.
- Basically, both the mass provide you equal protection against the covid-19 virus that is 95% efficient against 0.3-micron particles present outside and inside the mask's environment.
Differences between N95 Respirators and KN95 Respirators
Many differences between both the masks are the N95 respirators and the KN95 Respirators; below are some other points that explain the differentiation between the KN95 Respirators and the N95 Respirators,
- The N95 respirators are passed through and have a certification from the authority present in the United States of America named NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Care) and KN95 respirators and provide certification like China, Japan, and Korea. Though they are almost technically similar, their certifications are from different countries, making them different.
- The N95 respirators were initially made for industrial workers, while the N95 respirators were made to protect against Covid-19 Disease.
The difference in the breathability of the two masks
When these two masks compare based on breathability, we can very well claim that the breathability provided by the N95 masks is more and the KN95 masks slack behind when it comes to breathability.