When it comes to use of personal protective equipment, every person definitely wants that. If you have an N95 respirator or an N95 mask, you are probably curious about how you can actually maximize the use of the product that you have.
If you have a mask that you need to use for one or two more times you probably need to learn more about the importance of addressing your problems and the importance of making sure that you allow yourself to learn more about a lot of things.
There are a lot of different ways for you to use and learn the importance of N95 respirator or an N95 mask, it also helps that you are able to do everything in your power to make sure that you have everything that you can do to help yourself.
In this article, the main goal is to help individuals to learn more about how they can maximize the use of N95 respirator or an N95 mask and the many ways of properly cleaning the exhalation valves of the masks as well as how to maximize the use of N95 respirator or an N95 mask.
Important Parts That Should Matter On An N95 Mask
There are different parts of the mask that matter when it comes to how to make sure that you can still reuse it. While it may come as a surprise to a lot of people there will always be some other information that you may want to check out one and not just the naked eye. The following are the important aspects that should still be working by the time that you look at your N95 respirator or an N95 mask for cleaning:
- Fit. Does the respirator still fit? Does the respirators perform the way that it is expected to perform? Is there a way for you to make sure that still fits as it had originally? This is a very important part when you clean your N95 respirator or an N95 mask because at the end of the day what matters will always be the seal that the N95 respirator or an N95 mask is able to create between you and the environment outside of you. Make sure that you have something that will still fit you. If the fifth, after cleaning no longer works or has been a little bit damp around with, you should already Liskeard that N95 respirator or an N95 mask.
- Filtration Performance. It is also important to look at the remaining filtration performance of the N95 respirator or an N95 mask that you have. After contaminating it, or even after use, you can already see if the layers are still there or if the layers are still working. If the layers are no longer in the best shape that it is, discard the N95 respirator or an N95 mask.
The Ways To Decontaminate the N95 Masks
There are different ways that you can decontaminate the N95 respirator or an N95 mask that you are using and they are the following:
- Let it breathe for 72 hours. Some experts are saying that allowing the mass to breed for 72 hours after using automatically kills the virus so you can reuse the virus without actually having to clean it up. Remember a virus needs an active hose. Hence if there is no active who's that the virus would cling onto so that it can reproduce, it will automatically die a natural death. Is that not such a wonderful idea?
- Use steam boiling in a rice cooker. Some experts are saying that the steam coming out of a rice cooker is also good for the use of the individual. Cleaning the N95 respirator or an N95 mask with this kind of process would be easier and cheaper compared to buying the same solutions.
- Use steam hanging. Steam hanging is another process that has been said to work when it comes to cleaning because of the fact that steam will automatically kill the virus.
- Use vaporized hydrogen peroxide. A vaporized hydrogen peroxide is also the process that has been known and used by many scientists and hospitals since the beginning of the mask decontamination protocols. If you can do it at home you should probably give it a try as well.
How To Clean The Exhalation Valve
Any of the methods that have been provided above can definitely be used to clean the exhalation valves of the N95 respirator or an N95 mask. What is important when you clean the exhalation valve is that you clean it from the inside out and not from the outside in. When you clean the outside of the mask, the N95 respirator or an N95 mask is able to provide protection for the people around you. However, if you are asymptomatic and let's say that you did not know that you were already positive with the virus, what you need to clean is also from the inside out.
Using the different processes that have been provided and explained above, you can clean the exhalation valve with no problem and no stress. According to the 3M website, when you are inspecting the N95 mask with an exhalation valve, you should “Remove the exhalation valve cover and examine the exhalation valve and valve seat for signs of dirt, distortion, cracking or tearing. Replace exhalation valve cover.” and then you can proceed cleaning the N95 mask.
Clean But Be Vigilant
When it comes to your N95 respirator or an N95 mask, you should be vigilant. You should make sure that you only clean your in N95 respirator or an N95 mask through the ways that have been approved by research and science. Make sure that you are always reading information about how you can maximize the use and potential of the products you use but at the same time that you listen to what scientists are saying. Be very vigilant when it comes to cleaning because you may end up catching the virus that has been captured in your mask.