A mask that protects an individual from inhaling airborne particles that could be deleterious to a person’s health is called the N95 respirator; these hazardous airborne particles include viral agents, pollutants, pollen, dust, infectious agents, and dirt particles.
The best mask or respirator available
There are numerous types of masks and respirators available in the market for people, but what makes the N95 respirator superior to other masks and respirators is its ability to filter out 95% of airborne particles that are even smaller than the droplets caused after talking or coughing, i.e. 0.3µm.
Since the N95 respirator can filter out or block the tiniest airborne particles available in the air, this is what makes the N95 respirator a better mask or respirator. There is no other respirator available in the market that can filter out or block life-threatening airborne particles as the N95 respirator does.
The N95 respirators are better than an average mask since they filter out 95% of infectious agents, dust, and dirt particles which could pose a threat to an individual’s health, so one must wear these masks to keep themselves safe from these hazardous airborne particles like infectious agents, dust, and dirt particles.
This product is approved by The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), which shows that the quality of this product is fabulous! Another crucial thing about the N95 respirators is that they provide value for money. Furthermore, the N95 respirators do not let hazardous airborne particles enter your body.
How to properly tighten and adjust the nose clip of your N95 mask?
The N95 masks have been bought by the people to such an extent that the N95 respirators are not available in the market anymore. There has been a report which says that the United States of America (USA) might need 3.5 billion N95 masks to make it through the pandemic, but the country can only manufacture 40 million N95 masks in a month.
Wearing the N95 respirator
Although the N95 masks have been bought by the public, only a small amount of N95 mask wearers know how to properly wear them. Since the N95 respirator has never been a daily product, it has become one. And people must be educated on how to properly tighten them.
This is because if an individual does not properly wear the N95 mask, they could inhale the hazardous airborne particles into their body, which would result in a rise of the COVID-19 cases. Following is the way on how to properly tighten and adjust the nose clip of your N95 mask:
- Before purchasing the respirator, an individual must check whether the size of the N95 mask fits the individual’s face or not.
- An individual must scrutinize the quality of the N95 mask whether the N95 mask is damaged or not.
- To wear the N95 respirator, hold the N95 respirator in one of your hands with the nose piece and the straps hanging below your hand.
- Cover your mouth, nose, and face with the N95 respirator; do make sure that there is no space between the N95 respirator and your face.
- After doing that, hold the strap of your mask and place or wear it before the top back of your head. If there is a second strap available, similarly, wear the second strap below your ears and around your neck.
- If there is a metal nose available in your respirator, use your hands to fix or mold the metal nose to the nose of your face.
Tightening and adjusting the respirator
- Place both of your hands on the N95 respirator. Inhale and exhale quickly. Readjust the nosepiece of your N95 respirator if you feel leakage from the nose. Similarly, readjust the straps if you feel leakage from around the N95 respirator.
- You will have got an adjusted seal after repeating the above step multiple times. If you do not get one, using another N95 respirator would be a better option.
- Avoid touching the N95 respirator while using it as this could cause infection to come to your hands as well. Wash your hands if you do accidentally touch the N95 respirator.
- Before removing the N95 respirator, remove it from your face, and wash your hands!
- While removing the N95 respirator, remove it from behind, and do not touch the front of your N95 respirator.
- Dispose of the N95 respirator after using it.
The N95 masks have been in use this year because of various calamitous events like COVID-19 and wildfires. The N95 respirator protects an individual from contracting contagious diseases like COVID-19 and influenza virus. Similarly, it also protects an individual from the inhalation of pollutants, contaminants, and smoke, etc.
The use of N95 masks and respirators has risen to such an extent that the United States of America (USA) has run out of N95 masks. This is because an abundance of people is buying the N95 masks and respirators because of the pandemic.
The demand for the N95 respirators has risen so much that the United States of America (USA) declared that the unavailability of N95 respirators is a national supply shortage. Therefore, people are using the N95 respirators, cleaning them, and wearing it again as a result of the shortage. Hence, people must know how to properly wear the N95 mask and properly adjust it.