You have probably heard a lot about N95 masks and N95 respirators. You may ask yourself, are they the same? Are they important? Is there any difference between an N95 mask and N95 respirator?
In this article, we answer some of the many questions that people may have about the N95 masks and the N95 respirators.
Why Should You Wear A Mask?
Wearing an N95 mask, N95 respirator, or any other mask for that matter is important in ensuring your protection as well as the protection of the people around you. It has already been established by the World Health Organization that masks are the key measure to make sure that community transmission will not occur often. When you have a mask, you reduce any potential exposure risk coming from an infected person and you also make sure that you remove any higher risk of transmission.
Are Masks The Key To Protection?
The truth of the matter is that masks are not only the key for your protection. Whether you have an N95 mask, N95 respirator, or you wear something else, wearing a mask is part of a more comprehensive approach. Keep in mind that you have to do all of the safety protocols set by the World Health Organization in order to make sure that you protect yourself.
What Is The Do It All Approach?
According to the World Health Organization, the Do It All approach includes not just wearing an N95 mask or an N95 respirator, you should also make sure that you have improved ventilation at home, clean hands, you avoid crowds, you do physical distancing, and so many other steps that you should follow in order to protect you and your family from the virus.
Who Should Wear Masks?
Right now, it is required by the World Health Organization and most governments that the masks should be worn by the general population. The following are the individuals that should definitely wear the high level kind of mask protection:
- All persons who are working in a clinical setting should wear personal protective equipment like N95 masks and make sure that they follow all of the safety protocols a sept by the government;
- Any person who is feeling unwell or is experiencing mild symptoms related to the coronavirus should also be wearing a high level of protection that N95 masks and N95 respirators has to offer;
- People who are already caring or taking care of suspected or confirmed cases of the coronavirus should also be able to protect themselves;
- People who are already over the age of 60 should also wear the high level of protection; and
- People who have been diagnosed with the following diseases should do their best to wear the right N95 mask and N95 respirator: chronic respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease, cancer, obesity, immunocompromised patients and diabetes mellitus.
What Is The Proper Way Of Wearing A Mask?
There are certain protocols that must get followed by individuals who want to wear a mask properly. The following are the right ways that you can put on and take off your mask:
- Before you touch the mask, make sure that it is clean with an alcohol-based hand rub or with soap and water.
- Inspect the mask and make sure that it has not been damaged.
- Verify which side of the top and make sure that you wear the right one.
- Pinch the metal strips so that it moulds to the shape of your nose.
- Make sure that the mask you wear comes with the right fit.
What Is The Difference Between The Medical Masks And The Respirators?
Medical masks are made up of three layers and come with different levels of filtration.On the other hand, respirators are available at different performance levels. Respirator masks are designed to make sure that they will protect individuals in high risk areas.
What Is The Difference Between An N95 Mask and N95 respirator?
There is no difference between an N95 mask and an N95 respirator. Both have the same level of filtration that the mask has to offer and both have the same level of protection that it has to offer. The terms are used interchangeably. Individuals should know that they can buy an N95 mask and an N95 respirator. As long as you buy from a reputable website, you should know how to rely on it.
Where Can I Buy An N95 Mask or An N95 Respirator?
You can buy an N95 mask and an N95 respirator on the following websites:
- Clinical Supplies USA. Clinical Supplies USA is one of the most reliable websites for N95 masks during the beginning of the pandemic and even up to this day. You can definitely rely on them and make sure that you get everything that you want from their stocks.
- Amazon. Amazon can send and ship out your N95 mask orders as soon as you need them.
- 3M. The 3M website also caters to individual orders but you should make sure that you buy from this reputable website and have everything that you need as well.
Rely On Verified Suppliers and Follow The Protocols
Whatever you do, make sure that you rely on verified suppliers and that you follow the safety protocols and the safety standards that you need to learn more about. It is important that you always know how you can maximize the protection that you get from your personal protective equipment.