The need for the hour has become owning personal protective equipment approved by both NIOSH and the FDA. With increasing corona positive cases and fast dealing with the issues thrown away by the pandemic, the novel coronavirus is working at its fullest.
Every day we are getting the news of increasing coronavirus cases, and of course, we as human beings tend to gain safety for ourselves. One of the crucial things right now that can provide us with protection is the N95 respirators.
These N95 respirators are available for buying both online and offline stores despite the shortage that has spread like a plague all over the world. This can be fought by making masks at home, and here we will be discussing the pattern for the N95 mask by Honeywell,
- What are N95 masks?
- What do you know about Honeywell?
- The sewing patterns of Honeywell N95 respirators
What are N95 respirators?
The N95 respirators go through a complicated process to be formed into the people's choice masks that they are. Some of the points about the processing of the N95 masks are below,
- The N95 respirator consists of a filter media. This filter media is produced out of non woven fabric. This non woven fabric is unknown to trap the particles from the outside environment in it.
- The filter media is formed by non woven fabric, produced as a result of making polypropylene go through melt-blowing.
- This filter media is guarded by two outside and inside envelopes. These envelopes are known to trap larger particles in them to not enter inside the mask.
- They have been proven to provide 95% efficiency towards the contaminants in the air.
- They filter out about every particle above the diameter of 0.3 microns.
- They not only manage to protect you from the outside environment and the contaminants in it, but it also protects the people around you if you are corona positive or you somehow carry the virus.
- These respirators are also widely chosen because they are the first preference of all the medical healthcare workers.
What do you know about Honeywell?
- Honeywell International Corporation is an American-based multinational company that has its headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina. The four areas of business that it has occupied are aerospace building technologies, performance materials and technologies, and safety and productivity solutions.
- Honeywell holds the rank of 92nd as of the year 2019. The company's global employment is around 1 lakh workers, and about forty-four thousand of those workers are employed in the United States.
The Sewing patterns of Honeywell N95 Respirators
- Fabric used should be pre-shrunk pretty good and must be 100% cotton.
- Elastic that has a flat texture for the loops that go around-ear the (the same cotton fabric can be used too)
- Scissors used for cutting fabric
- A scale
- Clippers or pins
- Machine for sewing the fabric
Necessary cuts that need to be made
- Take a sample mask of Honeywell and cut out the fabric material through it.
- Necessary cutting would be a 9 x 15 base paper pattern.
- Fold the in hand fabric into four layers.
- Layout the rectangular base pattern on top of the nine into 5 paper patterns.
Pinning pattern of the Honeywell N95 Respirators
- Hold out the two sheets that were cut and fold them so that they become four layered.
- Use four pins and pin out the mask pattern while cutting the four fabric layers around the corners.
- Cut the fabric in a way that it achieves the pattern in the Honeywell N95 Respirators.
- Later remove the pins and the cut fabric from it.
- The fabric pieces that you now need to be separated into two sections of two layers, each individually.
Attaching the elastic ear loops -
- The first step is to insert a cut elastic into one of the sections of two-piece pinned ones. They should go in from the open edge in the two fabric sections.
- Make a check that the elastic does not get twisted when put in inside one of the two sections.
- When the elastic strip is placed in a U shape, it forms an air loop that helps the mask get a proper grip on the wearer's face.
- You should also make sure that you should make sure that you use the best quality material to make sure that while making the seven patterns for the Honeywell N95 mask. It ensures the proper efficiency of the mask.
Sewing the N95 mask together
- Once done with all the details, you can now unpin the two sections, place them under the sewing machine and stitch it with a zig-zag stitch.
- Make sure to perform the above process with both sections on the mask and make sure to stitch the loops properly so that they do not turn out falling out of the space in the areas provided for putting in the elastic loop.
- Finally can remove the machine and turn both the sections of the mask right side out. With the help of a pen, you can make sure to bring out the edges properly.
- Do the finishing bye bag stitching the pleats that you will form in the downward direction so that no dust particle or any contaminant gets room to stay inside the plates.
- Examine the product and check out if it has any loopholes. Also, make sure to use the best quality filter for better efficiency, and your mask pattern for Honeywell N95 masks is ready.