The world has been undergoing a crisis for a period of about more than 12 months now. This all started with breaking the novel coronavirus in China, specifically in the region named Wuhan. It did not take many months for the virus to reach the other parts of the country, which led to one thing and another, and finally, we were all amidst the pandemic. The coronavirus did not take much time to invade all over the world and create a pandemic situation. It is a condition that comes into play when a virus breakout or disease is spread all over the world and is inflicting everyone present on the earth, especially humans.
The same pandemic situation has been created by a virus that broke out in the year 2019 in December, and this pandemic is continuing from the year 2019 to the year 2021 January.
Many kinds of steps were taken by the government of the countries and many authorities responsible for a nation's health care security or worldwide. All thrashed their hands here and there so that they can somehow bring the situation into control. Still, it just kept on becoming a bigger problem with all the things involved, especially the personal protective equipment and their shortage, which has resulted in many healthcare professionals getting affected and the frontline workers getting affected leading to an uncertain situation being created in many countries.
Many steps were taken and implemented, yet we are still standing in a global pandemic situation and still suffering and trying to survive through these times. The steps like lockdown etc. were forced to be removed because other situations were created in a way that things could not be balanced without them being opened. Therefore the need for personal protective equipment kept on increasing because the normal citizens of the country also inclined themselves towards referring to personal protective equipment like N95 respirators and surgical masks for their safety.
People then started beginning to incline towards or donating surgical masks to the needy so that the conditions can be stabilized, and the medical healthcare professionals and frontline warriors can get enough supply of the personal protective equipment for their survival. Below are some of the points that we will be covering to finally find out how we can donate surgical masks to the people.
- Why are surgical Masks important?
- Why is there a need for donating surgical masks?
- How can you donate Surgical masks?
Why are Surgical Masks important?
Before starting to discuss the donating of surgical masks, we should first be aware of what actually are surgical masks and what their importance is. Below are some of the points that term other surgical masks important,
- The Surgical masks, just like N95 respirators, are 3 layered and are formed by melt blowing the polypropylene fiber, but they lack the custom fitting that an N95 respirator provides.
- The surgical masks are mostly preferred by surgeons due for use during surgery so that they do not get infected by the fluids involved in the surgery.
- When one goes through the definition provided by CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention), the surgical masks are defined as a mask that is loosely fit, they can be disposed, and the primary function of the typical function of a surgical mask is to act as a barrier between the outside and the inside environment.
Why is there a need for donating surgical masks?
In these times of crisis, when we are all facing issues, it is very necessary to be generous, of course, but donating the surgical mask is another level of help you could do as a human living on this earth. Below are some of the reasons that might give you the required enthusiasm for donating the surgical masks,
- One of the first reasons why you can donate a surgical mask is, of course, for being helpful to the people who are working for us and our health care as well as the safety of the people in our by providing the donations of surgical masks. By providing the donations of surgical masks to them, we will be providing hope and the zeal for working for us in them and also helping their families to not get infected during corona times.
- We are all very well aware of the fact that there has been a great crisis due to the shortage of surgical masks and other personal protective equipment all over the world and donating them to the needy, especially the medical healthcare professionals and the people who are working their jobs day and night to provide us convenience is the best we could do as a citizen of our country.
- Once you make the donations, you will also be able to come face to face with the people who are actually providing you with the required safety essentiality for the survival of humans in a country or a state or a continent or even the whole world, and you would be very e enlightened on the fact that while these donations are necessary and why are the surgical masks and N95 respirators termed as essentials for the medical healthcare professionals and the other frontline workers.
How Can You Donate Surgical Masks?
Below are the points that can help you find how to donate surgical masks,
- You can maybe donate money to the institution that is trying to make surgical masks in order to donate them.
- You can either choose to donate surgical masks directly to the hospitals or nursing homes that are in dire need of masks.