N95 masks have been the most important commodities in the entire world for the whole year. Even the individuals who have never heard of the N95 masks cannot seem to get this out of their system. N95 masks are everywhere and every person wants to have their own share.
In this article, we will look at some of the most interesting facts about the N95 masks including the biggest creators and manufacturers of the N95 masks.
N95 Masks Are The Gold Standard
N95 masks are considered as the gold standard of masks. They provide the highest level of protection that comes in from anywhere.
Compared to surgical mask, cloth mask, or any other kind of face covering, this kind of personal protective equipment makes sure that the filter out more than 95% of the bacteria or viruses that it may come in contact with. It is not just a mask for the frontliners in hospitals and in medical facilities but is now necessary for everyone because of the community transmission.
The Biggest Manufacturing Plants
It is not surprising that the biggest manufacturing plants of the N95 masks are the following:
- 3M. 3M is an American multinational conglomerate corporation. It has been operating in the fields of industry, worker safety, health care, and consumer goods for a long time. It has created great notoriety in the field of personal protective equipment..Nobody would ever be surprised to find out that 3M is one of the biggest manufacturing companies and facilities that create and develop the N95 mask. Since they are known to provide the best kind of personal protective equipment and have delivered the N95 mask that the countries need and have ordered from them, their plans have been producing the needed supplies 24 hours a day. At the beginning of the pandemic, the company also decided to make sure that they will have people running the facility for three days.
- Louis M. Gerson Co, Inc. Louis M. Gerson Co., Inc is definitely one of the biggest manufacturing companies that carry N95 masks. They are considered as one of the leading medical suppliers in the world and they have the manufacturing capability to produce supplies in both the United States and China. They are ISO 9001:2008 certified for respiratory protection equipment for medical and industrial usages. Their N95 masks are definitely in very high demand today.
- Prestige Ameritech. Prestige Ameritech is a domestic company in the United States that serves only customers within the country. However, no matter how exclusive the clientele may be, Prestige Ameritech offers a wide range of personal protective equipment including medical goggles, N95 masks, surgeons masks, and other products. They are certainly reliable in today’s fight against the coronavirus.
- Moldex-Metric AG & Company KG. Moldex-Metric AG & Company KG is a company that manufactures respiratory and hearing protection products as well as personal protective equipment like the N95 mask. They carry a large stock that aims to cater not just to the United States but all over the world. Today, the N95 masks created by the company are all consumed in the United States and in Germany.
- Honeywell. A company that is also in the heart of creating personal protective equipment and other consumer goods is this American company. Honeywell is one of the world’s top 10 N95 mask manufacturers based in the United States. They are headquartered in Santa Ana, California and have been in the forefront of the battle that the world is currently facing. Today, together with 3M, Honeywell is the world’s leading brand in personal protection equipment (PPE) products for different working environments. Whether the need for protection is because of welding, gas, chemicals, vapors, and other airborne particulates, and contamination, Honeywell can provide non-disposable respirators, mask filters, cartridges, and N95 masks with and without valves.
- BD. Another American company is BD. BD prides itself as a global medical technology company based in New Jersey, United States. Since the competition in the United States was fierce when it came down to N95 masks, BD has stepped up its games and it is now engaged in the development, manufacture and sale of a range of medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment and diagnostic products.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation. The company that brought the world the Duckbill N95 masks, Kimberly-Clark Corporation is also another American health and hygiene company in the forefront of the fight against the coronavirus. The manufacturer creates the best personal care and consumer products including N95 masks, N95 respirators, as well as all other personal protective equipment. You may think that they only work on disposable items like surgical gowns, diapers, tissues, paper towels, products, and disposable face masks but their key products are actually procedural, surgical and N95 masks.
- Ambu. Another big company that owns one of the biggest manufacturing plants for personal protective equipment is this company. Ambu is a Denmark-based company that has three areas of specialization: Anaesthesia, Patient Monitoring and Diagnostics, and Emergency Care. The company has proven itself effective in creating N95 masks and meeting the demand of their country as well as all other countries.
Trust The ExpertsWhen it comes to it, the most important thing to consider about the N95 masks is the fact that it is created by manufacturers that have all of the certification and support coming from the government regulatory agencies. You see FDA and NIOSH approvals and you also see the approvals coming from the users. Whatever kind of N95 masks you may be using, it is important to know that you are going to get the protection you need.