Since the spread of coronavirus, the mask has become an essential thing in our life. N95 masks became an absolute necessity to save ourselves from getting infected by a coronavirus. Wearing N95 masks is one of the top safety measures to avoid contamination with the virus and any mishap. It is the first and essential precautionary measure which is approved by US NIOSH. Doctors across the world are recommending it to follow safety precautions and emphasizing wearing N95 masks, particularly before going out in public.
Though there are various kinds of masks available in the market, it's challenging to find out which masks are best to save us from being exposed to viruses. Here are some critical points to help you know significant factors about N95 masks to consider before buying it online or from brick and mortar shops. But before that, you need to understand N95 masks.
N95 are the respirators, and surgical masks are the best and reusable masks used to prevent the humans from viruses and are apt for personal and professional purposes. It is the personal protection equipment used to protect from all kinds of viruses, especially coronavirus. In N95 masks, N is the class of letter that stands for non-oil that means it can be used in the work environment as there will be no oil-based particulars present. Ninety-five implies that it has the efficiency to save 95 percent that gives you a quality filter. N95 masks are a respiratory protective device designed to cover a mouth and nose in a very efficient way for the filtration of airborne particles.
It is mostly used in surgical and in healthcare. Still, during the current pandemic situation, the demand for N95 masks has risen high, and everyone prefers the N95 mask to save themselves from the coronavirus. N95 mask or N95 respirator is a particulate filtering respirator that meets the standards set by U.S.NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health).
An N95 mask is a multi-layered mask that provides complete coverage to the face, nose, and mouth and filters more than 95% of airborne particles. It cannot let you struggle for breath as it is designed so that it provides comfort and safety measures.
N95 masks can filter the:
- Airborne particles
N95 masks cannot filter the:
- Synthetic gases
- Chemical Vapors
- Hypoxic ecosystem
Ten most essential points to know before buying N95 masks:
It is vital to have an N95 mask in your home. It is the type of protection that you need to get from inhaling a lot of dust particles in the air, especially if you are a person who is continuously exposed to people or animals in the house. You should consider this when you go out and buy one. Even though it is a little bit more expensive than other kinds of masks on the market, there are quite a few reasons why you should buy it.
- Before buying an N95 mask, you have to check with your healthcare provider that if you are suffering from any heart disease, some respiratory issues, or any other medical condition, then the N95 mask can become challenging for you to wear for inhaling purposes.
- It is essential to know that N95 masks with exhalation valves are useful as they cut moisture and provide you the best fit and good comfort.
- You have to check whether your mask is ok or cracked, and in case it is broken, it will create an issue in breathing, and have to take it off else have to replace with the new one.
- You have sanitized your hands and have kept N95 masks very safely in a disposable bag else it will get infected.
- N95 masks are not suitable for children or people who have a beard as they cannot give them the perfect fit, so it won't provide full protection.
- N95 masks are perfect for the current pandemic situation as it provides 100 percent safety and makes sure to filter 95% of airborne particles.
- N95 masks are best as they are made at the standard of U.S.that need to filter 95% of microscopic particles, including the droplets containing the coronavirus. These are the most demanded masks which make sure to provide safety.
- N95 masks can be washed too, and also, it depends on the design. Few masks cannot be passed as washing may damage the filter. The outer layers of many masks can be washed but only by removing the middle layer of filtration. So before buying, N95 masks you have to check on packaging, if the mask is cleaned or not, and read the instructions carefully before washing if it is to be washed.
- The life of N95 masks is mentioned on it. With the help of duration mentioned, one can determine the number of hours, it is to be used and use it accordingly. Many masks have the color indicator on that to highlight to know that it needs to be thrown. Due to the regular use of N95 masks, it gets torn or tears, which can reduce the efficiency of filtration while using it for a long time. So before buying, check the duration of time it can be used and whether it is reusable.
- Because of India's high level of population, N95 masks are the famous one and more demanded. Its filtration level is different from other masks as N95 masks can filter out 95% of dust and pollutants, and it can make you breathe easily and provide you with the best comfort level while wearing the N95 mask.