N95 masks have never been as popular today as before. A lot of people who have never heard of such a mask variety now cannot get their eyes and ears off the product. Everybody wants to have their fair share of the product. If you are an N95 mask user against the novel coronavirus, you probably need to know that there are also other uses for N95 masks.
Before getting into the other uses of the N95 mask, it is important to know what the N95 mask is and other basic information about it.
What Should You Know About The N95 Mask?
There are so many fun facts about the N95 Mask. The following are the things that you should know about it:
- Certified: It is certified by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). When buying an N95 mask, you should look for the NIOSH logo, as well as the test and certification (TC) approval number on the mask or packaging. You need a certified masm to make sure that you are getting the protection that the mask guarantees.
- 95 Percent Protection: You also need to protect yourself with up to 95 percent protection, this is the highest level of protection that you can get from a mask.
- Virus Protection. The good thing about the N95 mask is the fact that it brings the highest level of virus protection that the individual can get. This protection, as the name suggests, is focused only on viral protection. It will not protect you from asbestos, gases, lead, chemical vapors, gasoline, carbon monoxide, or low oxygen environments.
Can I Just Wear An N95 Mask?
No, wearing an N95 mask could potentially do you harm if you do not inhale oxygen. If you have the following pre-existing medical conditions, you should consult a physician before you wear an N95 mask:
- If you have known or suspected breathing problems;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD);
- asthma; or
- cardiopulmonary problems.
You should also stop from wearing the N95 mask when you experience the following problems:
- dizziness; or
- have difficulty breathing.
How To Wear The N95 Mask?
If you are wearing an N95 mask, you need to make sure that you always read and follow the manufacturer’s direction. It must have the right snug fit even considering facial hair and all other parts of the face like if you wear glasses, an outside the mouth retainer, and the like.
Before buying an N95 mask, keep in mind that you should only use the right size for you. The following are some of the points to check:
Other Known Uses Of The N95 Mask
There are other known uses of the N95 mask than just against virus protection:
Suppliers You Can Find Online
There are quite a few suppliers available online that can give you the N95 mask that you have been looking for. Suppliers like Amazon and Clinical Supplies USA are now the two most prominent suppliers that you will find in the country. Keep in mind that you are always entitled to buy an N95 mask for your protection but you should only buy ones that are safe and certified by the manufacturer.
Choose The Right Mask That Fits
When choosing an N95 mask, make sure that you find one that fits. Whatever kind of use that you may have with the N95 mask, it should fit properly. Your protection is only as good as the fit that your N95 mask can offer you. You are always in good hands when you trust that this gold standard of masks, as certified by NIOSH, is definitely one of the best.