So many people have a lot of questions about the N95 mask, the N95 respirator, and the personal protective equipment. It has long been a very important reality for people to keep in mind that the many layers of the N95 mask and the composition of all of the personal protective equipment are all important in order for the mask to properly work and have the results that it was made for.
With that in mind, it is important for individuals to know that the layers of the N95 mask work very specific purposes and have been created for a reason. In this article, we will discuss the layers of the N95 mask, the important things to remember when buying N95 masks, and how you can help your community.
The Processes That Work For N95 Masks
N95 masks are good. They work through different processes to make sure that they will provide the right kind of protection.
- Inertial Impaction. This is an important aspect of the mask because the aerosol or dust particles that are typically 1 micron or larger in size with enough inertia to prevent them from flowing around the fibers in the filtration layers get captured by the mask material and get filtered.
- Diffusion. The process of diffusion occurs when particles smaller than 1 micron are forced to get stuck to fibrous layers of the filter while undergoing brownian motion around the tortuous porous matrix of the filter fiber.
- Electrostatic attraction. This is the process or the mechanism that employs electrocharged polymer or resin fibers that attract both large and small oppositely charged particles and trap them.
The Layers Of The N95 Mask
The N95 mask comes with different layers. The many layers of the N95 mask may be three, four,or five depending on the manufacturer and the approval that came from NIOSH. The following are the common layers of the N95 masks:
- Outer layer - the outer layer is the initial guard that people have against outside elements. The outer layer must offer excellent protection when they seal tightly over the face. It is important for many people to know that this is the party that matters. It is also important to keep in mind that under no circumstance should the individual touch the outer layer of the N95 mask in any circumstance.
- Filter layer - the filter layer is usually the polypropylene layer which comes with the electrostatic charge. Individuals should definitely trust the N95 mask that comes with this layer. It is perfect and it is certainly great.
- Inner layer - the inner layer of the N95 mask is the one that touches the face of the individual. It is perfectly soft and is often highly sanitized.
Some N95 masks also come with extra layers such as: the outer layer of spun-bond polypropylene, a second layer of cellulose/polyester, a third layer of melt-blown polypropylene filter material and an inner layer of spun-bound polypropylene.
How You Can Help Your Community
If you want to help out the community, there are so many ways that you can do so. It has always been very important for people to keep in mind that they are always necessary for the community to thrive and work for success. To do your part, the following are the ways that you can help the community:
- Donate some N95 masks, the N95 respirator, as well as other personal protective equipment. If you can, you should try to donate some N95 masks, the N95 respirator, and personal protective equipment to the community near you. There are already a lot of online sources like Clinical Supplies USA and Amazon that sell in bulk for those individuals who have some bulk needs. Donors to hospitals and donations to medical facilities are considered as the priority when it comes to sending out the products that aim to provide protection to the community.
- Follow All Of The Safety Protocols. It is important for you to follow all of the safety protocols and pursue a more realistic approach to safety that applies to you. With more than 9 months into the pandemic, you may have already established a more appropriate health and safety protocol that applies to you. Follow all of the protocols that you have set.
- Practice social distancing. It is important for people to keep in mind that social distancing is the best way to prevent getting the virus together with the N95 mask, the N95 respirator, and the personal protective equipment. You will definitely learn more about social distancing through the N95 mask, the N95 respirator, and the personal protective equipment and their efficiency will definitely be further tested but when you practice social distancing, you get to help your community as well.
Do Your Share
At the end of the day, it is important that you do your fair share for the community. Whether you are working to become one of the survivors of the pandemic, you are a healthcare worker, you are an essential worker, or you just have to stay at home during the pandemic, you must do your share. Follow all of the health and safety protocols. Make sure that you have everything in your power to make everything go smoothly and survive this pandemic. Now that a vaccine has been procured, it is necessary for people to go ahead and do everything in their power to protect themselves while production and distribution of the vaccine is underway. You are the one responsible for your health and safety.