The topic of discussion all over the world today is the Covid-19 disease that has been spreading all over the world and inflicting people with it. The second most talked about topic has become personal protective equipment like N95 respirators and surgical masks.
The topic of discussion these days has become our safety, and how do we attain it. Here we will be discussing the outermost layer of the N95 respirator and how it provides a contribution in the processing of a mask and the procedure of the N95 mask providing protection. Follow the points below to conclude the outermost layer of the N95 respirators,
- N95 masks
- Different layers of the mask
- What does the outer layer of the N95 mask do?
Before discussing the parts of the N95 respirators we need to be clear on, our mind needs to be clear about the N95 respirators and how they work, and why are they starting to become so important for people all over the world. Exactly like describing DNA is as important as describing a cell similarly, describing an N95 respirator is as important as the work done by one of its layers.
Below are the points that will make sure to clear any doubts you have on N95 respirators and enlighten you on their importance and different aspects of N95 respirators,
- One interesting fact about the N95 respirator that will keep you bound to read about it further is that the N95 respirators were never made to be used in the medical field. The N95 respirators were initially worked out and manufactured for the workers who work day and night in the industrial settings and are not convenient in those settings.
- Another interesting feature about these masks is that they are specifically designed so that the person who is wearing these masks can be protected from the particles in the outside environment, which are to the size of 0.3 microns diameter and vice versa because no particle with the diameter of 0.3 microns can pass through the mask either.
- These masks are provided certification by the higher authority for healthcare management in the United States of America, named the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Care, and have its short form as NIOSH.
- People prefer the N95 respirators because they have been provided certification by the top healthcare authorities present in the United States of America, namely the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Care (NIOSH) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- These N95 respirators are manufactured to reach the level of providing and efficiency against the contaminants in the environment to the point of 95%, which is commendable.
- There is not always a plus point when it comes to any product coming in the market from back in the days. Talking about not having all the plus points, the N95 respirator also shortly has its own drawbacks, one of which is that it is not suitable for the children of age 0 to 7 and it is also not recommended for people who have a beard because they do not provide the required efficiency when it comes to bearded people.
- When you are someone who is constantly exposed to the industrial settings and is working there 24/7 and does not have a proper filtration material for yourself and are breathing in the air that is in the industrial settings, you might expose yourself to respiratory disorders to prevent this the N95 respirators are the best option.
- Another setback of the N95 respirator will be that they are not capable of providing you any shielding when it comes to oil-based aerosols. Therefore you will have to be very careful when wearing the N95 respirators as a protective device and working in a setting where you can very well expose yourself to oil-based aerosols.
Different Layers of N95 Mask
Before concluding the outermost layer of the mask, let us first get acquainted with every layer present in the N95 respirators and the method used in their processing.
Like we go through a test drive before making a reminder on a vehicle. Similarly, we will go through the formation of the N95 mask to decide what the functions of the outermost layer of the N95 masks are. Below are the points that will make things clear about the layers of N95 masks,
- Outermost Layer: When it comes to the outermost layer of the N95 Respirators. It is the layer that is most exposed to the outside environment and is made out of spun blowing the thermostatic fibers of Polymer.
- Middle Layer: The middle layer or the filter media present in the N95 mask is made out of melt blowing the polypropylene fiber, and this nonwoven layer of polymer is used to make the middle layer, which is responsible for filtering out the most microscopic particles from the outside environment as well as the inside environment.
- Innermost Layer: The mask's innermost layer is made out of melt blowing the thermostatic fibers of the polymer, just like the outermost layer of the mask.
What does the outer layer of the N95 mask do?
The outer layer of the N95 mask is made water repellent to process out every particle that enters the mask through water droplets or sneeze droplets etc.