N95 masks have been around for a long time. However, it is only this year that individuals would want to have it. The pandemic had indeed forced a lot of people to look and study their lives the way that he previously did it and make some adjustments especially now. If you have been around for a long time you know that a lot of people would definitely want to know more about the personal protective equipment that comes out now.
In this article, we will discuss the effectiveness of respirators, the importance of having a proper fit and the role that the molded cup design plays, as well as some pointers that you should know more about.
The Three Key Criteria
According to the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC), it is important for people to know that there are three key criteria that are required for a respirator. The following are the important criteria that people should have:
- High Filter Efficiency. It is important to use an N95 mask that has a high bacterial filtration efficiency. Individuals should use a respirator filter that needs to be highly effective at capturing particles that pass through it.
- There must be a seal. It is important that the respirator must fit the user’s face snugly and create a seal. This is the importance of having a proper fit that would be discussed later. It is important to have the mask create a seal that would minimize the number of particles that bypass the filter through gaps between the user’s skin and the respirator seal; and
- Easy Wearing And Removal. It is important that the respirator must be put on (donned) and taken off (doffed) correctly before and worn throughout the exposure. There are different ways and different processes that teach how the individual should learn how to put the mask on and put the mask off.
The Importance Of Having A Proper Fit Through A Model Cup Design
It is important for individuals to learn more about the proper fit of their N95 masks and N95 respirators. At the beginning of the pandemic, the OSHA required healthcare workers to perform patient activities with suspected and confirmed coronavirus cases using the right personal protective equipment including respiratory protection.
The N95 mask and the N95 respirator is the best mask that healthcare workers should know more about. The N95 mask refers to the 95 percent filtration system that the mask has to offer to seal the face and filter out at least 95% of airborne particles from the user’s breathing air.
The most important part of an N95 mask is the design of the cup that aims to provide a seal on the mouth and the nose. It is important to note that the molded cup design plays an important role in ensuring that the face of the individual is sealed. Compared to surgical masks, the N95 masks’ molded cup design ensures that the protection against droplets covers the whole mouth and nose. While surgical masks can also provide a certain level of protection, it is important to note that they are not regulated for the highest level of filtration efficiency. Without any kind of adequate seal, the small particles that may leak around the edges of the respirator may cause a problem to the wearer’s environment.
By the use of a molded cup design, the individual wearer may have the best adequate seal to the wearer’s face to be relied upon for respiratory protection. Without any kind of adequate seal, the air and small particles leak around the edges of the respirator that may cause a problem for the individual and his breathing zone. With the molded cup design, there is very minimal leakage that occurs around the edges of the N95 respirator. When the user inhales, the user’s breathing air is directed through the filter material.
The molded cup design also ensures that the fit would be proper. A fit test of the N95 mask confirms that the N95 respirator correctly fits the user. This is why fit testing is a very critical component towards respiratory protection.
Proper Fit Testing Of The Molded Cup Design
As stated above, proper fit testing of the molded cup design is necessary. It is a wonderful experience for individuals to know that they can protect themselves against the virus through proper fit testing and by using the right N95 mask. The following are the ways that an individual should handle the N95 mask that comes with a molded cup design:
- Place the respirator over the nose and under the chin.
- Please straps properly and make sure that blood flow is not affected.
- If the respirator has a nose clip, mold the cup firmly against your nose and your face using both hands.
- Make sure that you conduct a user seal check. If you feel lightheaded during the test, try a bigger size of the N95 mask.
Trust The Fit
Once you get fitted with an N95 mask, you should be able to properly rely on it at any given time. With the molded cup design that the N95 mask has to offer you, you should trust that you will have a better experience for your own respiratory protection. The N95 mask is what you need and you could definitely rely on the seal test and the cup design to provide you with that kind of protection against the coronavirus.