With the coronavirus cases on the rise worldwide, people have been trying to cope up the situation to their best. One of the most important and safety tools that we are all aware of is personal protective equipment. One such personal protective equipment is none other than the N95 respirators that have been quite trending when it comes to the safety against the novel coronavirus. N95 respirators have come up as a saviour at the time of this pandemic and are providing efficient protection to humans against the contamination of this deadly virus.
Here through this article, we will be focusing on a type of N95 mask. Basically, the N95 masks that have valves in them and what are the possible problems one can face when using N95 masks with valves.
Below are the points that will be covered by us for finally concluding as to what can be the problems that are caused by the valved N95 masks,
- Types of N95 Respirators
- The speciality about N95 Respirators with valves
- Problems caused due to the N95 Masks.
- Some of the solutions to the problems caused by N95 Respirators
Types of N95 Respirators
There are a few things in this world that we all agree to or, shall we put it as we have to agree to it based on the studies provided by different people and the research carried around on that particular issue.
We will be discussing the things or issues that have already been proved or our actual about the N95 respirators because we have to conclude basically on why the valved N95 masks are problematic.
Below we will try to get ourselves more knowledgeable on different facts about the N95 respirators and in what different types do they come.
When it comes to types of N95 respirators, we can again divide them based on different criteria. Here we will try to divide them based on,
- Different types of N95 respirators based on the company that manufactures them
- Different types of N95 respirators based on the presence of a valve
Different types of N95 respirators based on the company that manufactures them
When it comes to differentiation based on the company or the manufacturer producing that N95 mask, we can differentiate them into many different kinds of N95 respirators.
Below are about five different types of N95 respirators that are present in the market depending on what manufacturer are they being provided by,
- Honeywell N95 Respirators
Honeywell is a well-known company based in America and is known for producing the N95 respirators that are of excellent quality and provide exactly what they mention.
- 3M N95 Respirators
No one is unknown that the 3M company today is dominating the world of personal protective equipment in every way possible. Therefore, the N95 respirators provided by it are on the top preference.
- Kimberly-Clark corporation N95 Respirators
Everyone is acknowledged with the grounds that the Kimberly-Clark Corporations hold in the industry of providing safety products. Especially in the times of coronavirus, they have been providing great N95 respirators that help our medical healthcare workforce and the frontline workers.
- Foss Performance Materials' N95 respirators
Foss Performance Materials' is another well-known name in providing safety equipment like an N95 respirator, surgical masks, etc. We can fight out the pandemic that has been introduced into the world due to the novel coronavirus.
- Prestige Ameritech N95 respirators
Last but not the least Prestige Ameritech is another well-known name in the industry of personal protective equipment. It has been working great leaf by supplying N95 Respirators.
Different types of N95 respirators based on the presence of a valve
The masks are divided based on different manufacturers, but they are also divided based on whether there is a valve present in the mask or no valve present in the mask. Below we will try to understand the difference between Valved and Non-Valved Respirators,
- Non - Valved N95 Respirators:
When it comes to Non-Valved N95 Respirators, they are the purest form of N95 respirators made back then for the industrial workers and their convenience when they go to work. These respirators are not incorporated with a valve that can freely allow passage of air from the outside to the inside environment.
- Valved Respirators:
When it comes to the Valved N95 Respirators, they are an experiment done by researchers to provide better readability to the person wearing the N95 respirators by allowing the respirator to be incorporated with a valve.
This valve's main function is it allows the passage of air from outside to the inside environment freely without going through the surface of three layers that the N95 escalator usually is made out of.
Problems caused due to the Valved N95 Masks
- The problem that can be caused due to an N95 mask incorporated with the valve is that it will be triggering for allowing the penetration of viruses and bacterias freely if there is some discrepancy in the working mechanism of the valve causing the spread of the virus.
- Another main problem resulting from the valved N95 Respirators is that we are basically trying to fight out a virus that is airborne and is spreading at a constantly increasing rate which is alarming.
- Personal Protective Equipment is being used to manage and prevent the spread of the virus. Still, when we have a valved N95 respirator, we will expose the outside environment with every single contaminant present with us as a wearer.