If you have been looking out for N95 models, you have probably heard that new models always come out. Even with the strict NIOSH requirements, a lot of manufacturers know that they need to provide the highest level of protection through their N95 models.
If you are looking for the right kind of N95 respirator, you will love what the new models that will come out next have to offer.
3M 1870+ tri fold N95 Respirator
This N95 mask is called the 3M™ Aura™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1870+, N95 120 EA/Case. This model is considered as one of the best things that have happened to N95 mask models.
This NIOSH approved N95 mask is a particulate respirator and surgical mask in one. It is often used by the medical experts. It has a comfortable inner material. Like most of the other N95 respirators, this model will help provide respiratory protection against airborne particles. Individually packed, the flat fold design allows the user to conveniently store it prior to use.
Generally, it has the following characteristics:
- It is FDA cleared and it can be used as a surgical mask.
- It is fluid resistant and disposable.
- The flat fold design helps the user store it and carry an extra piece whenever he comes out.
- The model has an embossed top panel that reduces eyewear fogging.
- The top panel is sculpted and allows for more room for eyewear.
- The chin tab is innovative for easy donning, positioning, and adjustment.
- It has met the CDC guidelines for M. tuberculosis.
- Generally, this model has a bacterial filtration efficiency of more than 99 (omit:5)%.
- It has the highest level of fluid resistance.
- It is not made from natural rubber latex.
- The proprietary 3M filter media allows for ease of breathing.
- It is unique and will match all face shapes and sizes.
This N95 respirator is proven to help reduce exposures to certain airborne contaminants. However, the user must be able to have the proper fit that it needs to protect the individual’s mouth, eyes, and nose.
3M Particulate Respirator 8210, N95 160 EA/Case
The 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210, N95 160 EA/Case is one of the latest models of the N95 respirators.
Generally, the following are considered sa the most important characteristics of this N95 model:
- It has been approved by NIOSH with at least 95 percent filtration efficiency.
- It will perfectly fit the user with a two-strap design.
- The nose foam has a cushioning function.
- The lightweight construction promotes comfort for every single time that the individual uses it.
This 2020, the demand for N95 masks is very high. This allowed the United States to give the U.S. FDA’s Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for its production. It is not cleared by the US FDA for surgical use and must be purchased with a face shield. It is reliable for everyday use as it will protect the user against airborne biological particles. If you are exposed to other airborne materials such as mold, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, and Bacillus anthracis, you will still be protected by this respiratory.
The microfiber filter media design will help you have ease of breathing. It is compatible with a lot of protective eyewear and all other hearing protection. However, you will need to make sure that you have a fit test together with your eyewear and ear wear so you can properly fit it.
Common Questions You May Have About The Respirator
No matter how many new models come out, it is important that you know about the aspects of your N95 respirator. With that, the following are some of the most common information that every person should know about N95 masks.
- When buying an N95 mask, make sure that it is the respirator variant. An N95 respirator is what you need in times of airborne diseases as it is capable of capturing particles, including the ones that are too small like the coronavirus.
- Make sure that the N95 respirator has the correct size. You need respiratory protection and a good fitting N95 mask is exactly what you need. Even small gaps may mean the difference between your safety and your exposure so fit is the number one factor to consider when choosing an N95 mask.
- Make sure that you are buying your N95 mask from a reputable source. We all know that the budget for an N95 mask is not cheap so you better make sure that you have one that you need without compromising the price. Buy from sources that have been certified as resellers. Do not buy from individuals who hoard N95 masks.
- N95 masks are meant for your protection but you can reuse them. Just read on the information available about how you can reuse N95 masks.
Buy What You NeedThe most important thing about this pandemic is that you are able to buy what you need. If you need N95 masks, make sure that you buy only what is necessary for you to stay protected for a certain period of time. A month’s worth of supply, if you go out every single day, should be a good enough inventory. Keep N95 masks in stock but never forget that you should also consider the needs of the many. Do not hoard any of the N95 respirator and make sure that you get exactly what you need.