The coronavirus has brought us into a pandemic situation. We are all trying our best to fight it off and finally live the everyday life that we have always been living. The coronavirus came into existence in the year 2019 and the month of December. Since then, we have all been adapting to every possible change that'll make the virus finally run away.
Yes, we have entered an era where we have to take care of ourselves to see another day with our help inflicted by corona. Protection against normal coronavirus is provided to us by personal protective equipment.
These personal protective equipment have one that is popular globally, and that is the N95 respirators manufactured by the company 3M. These respirators include many parts that are assembled to give you the required protection against the coronavirus.
Thus each material or part of the N95 respirator is made out of different fabric and assimilated together to give you the full version of an N95 respirator. Here through this article, we will go through and try to analyze every aspect of the 3M N95 respirators through the points mentioned below,
- What do you understand by 3M?
- What are N95 Respirators?
- What are some fabrics used in the formation of the N95 Respirators?
- To which part are these fabrics assigned?
What do you understand by 3M?
Below are some of the points about the 3M company that has been producing N95 respirators that you should be aware of,
- The 3M company is an America based organization that has now been working worldwide and providing its products.
- 3M company is known for producing products in the health care of workers and their safety.
- While everyone has been trying to fight off the virus causing Covid-19, the company had increased the production of N95 respirators, two levels of the products they used to do when there was no virus in the world. This step taken by the 3M company has helped the world a lot in fighting the crisis that has come to existence due to the shortage of N95 respirators.
What are N95 Respirators?
Below are some of the points about N95 respirators that will surely help you in recognizing the best personal protective equipment for your safety,
- The N95 respirators have not been designed in a way that they can provide any protection against the contaminants that try to invade your inside environment using the help of oil-based aerosols. The N95 respirators do not provide any protection or safety for the oil-based aerosols present in the environment.
- The N95 respirators are known to provide 95% efficiency against the contaminants present in the outside environment to the where who is trying to protect themselves from the deadly virus that has been spread all over the world.
- The N95 respirators are the most in-demand personal protective equipment because they have been provided certification from CDA (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention) and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Care).
What are some textiles used in the formation of the N95 Respirators?
Below are the textiles that have been used for the formation of N95 respirators,
- Steel: Steel is an alloy that is produced out of carbon and iron. The alloy is made out of carbon to provide its strength, and iron is used in steel formation for adding resistance to getting fractured.
- Aluminum: Aluminium is a metal present on the periodic table, and the feature of Aluminium is that it provides more excellent resistance to oxidation due to the reaction with oxygen. Therefore, it is used in the N95 respirators to bind the parts where it can get exposed to the air and not get corroded.
- Polypropylene: Polypropylene is a kind of polymer that is used in the N95
formation by going through the process of growing and forming the nonwoven fabric.
To which part of the N95 Respirators are these textiles assigned?
Below are the parts and the fabric that the N95 Respirators by 3M are made from mentioned and explained well,
- Straps: The straps present on a mass and keep the mask on your face in that by looking around, your ears are made out of a fabric material named Polyisoprene.
- Staples: These are parts that are present on N95 respirators to keep two parts together. They are made out of steel, an alloy of Iron and Aluminium.
- Nose Foam: The nose foam is present on the nose bridge of an N95 respirator produced by the 3M Company. This nose foam is known to provide the required convenience and comfort for the wearer of the mask.
- Nose Clip: Present in between the nose foam and the mask's fabric, the textile that has been used in the nose clip is made out of Aluminium. This nose clip can bend very quickly and take the shape of the person's nose bridge to be a perfect seal over the wearer's nose.
- Filter: The filter present on the N95 mask to provide the required efficiency against the contaminants in the outer environment and not allowing any contaminants in the inside environment to go out in the outside environment is made out of a fabric material named polypropylene.
- Suppose the 3M Company manufactured N95 Respirator is the one with an exhalation valve for proper breathability. In that case, the mask container is made out of Polypropylene, and it also will contain the valve diaphragm, which is made out of Polyisoprene.