N95 masks or sometimes called N95 respirators are types of filtering face-piece respirators that are approved by the United States National Institutes of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). The N95 respirator is considered a disposable face mask that can filter at least 95% of airborne particles. It is considered as one of the best face masks in the market that can filter dust, smoke, and other airborne particles.
The N95 respirator is widely used in the medical and construction industry but with the recent coronavirus pandemic, the N95 respirator has become a necessity not only for the healthcare workers but for everyone. The N95 respirator is considered as one of the protective devices that can provide protection against the virus.
3M is one of the NIOSH-approved companies to manufacture the N95 respirator. There are different types of 3M N95 masks you can buy online, in bulk, or wholesale. Some of the 3M N95 respirator for sale that you can buy online includes the 3M N95 1860, 3M 8511, and 3M 8210. These 3M N95 masks offer virus protection and come in a size that fits perfectly for adults. There are different types of 3M N95 masks and they are designed for medical, surgical, or industrial use.
The demand for the N95 respirator has significantly grown in the USA and other countries. N95 respirator manufacturers, like 3M, have been doubling its production to cater to the demand of N95 respirator but unfortunately, there is still a huge demand that needs to be addressed. The government has been encouraging hospitals to make the N95 respirator reusable. The public is also encouraged to wear cloth masks, instead of the N95 respirator, especially the kids to keep them from getting the virus.
N95 Respirator and the current situation
Because of the high demand for the N95 respirator globally, the FDA issues an umbrella emergency use authorization (EUA) for some disposable KN95 masks. The EUA allows the emergency use of some medical or surgical masks that meet certain performance requirements for use in the healthcare industry as personal protective equipment.
Just like the regular N95 respirators, these KN95 masks are tested and regulated. They are manufactured in China and not approved by the NIOSH but they are evaluated using the methods similar to those used by the United States NIOSH. Along with the N95 respirator, these KN95 masks are confirmed and approved by the FDA.
KN95 masks that offer the same or better protection than the N95 respirator
Here are some KN9 masks that have FDA approval. These types of KN95 masks are like the usual NIOSH-approved N95 respirator. They are said to provide the same or better protection than the widely used N95 respirator.
- KN95-N - One type of KN95 mask that offers protection like the N95 respirator is the KN95-N. It is a protective mask like the N95 respirator that is ideal to provide user protection against airborne particles, both solid and liquid aerosol.
- KN95-05 and KN95-08 - This medical protective mask delivers the same level of comfort and protection as the N95 respirator. The 05 model is much smaller than the 08 in terms of size. Just like the N95 respirator, these KN95 masks are suitable for healthcare workers.
- KN95(PM2.5) Protective Mask - This offers protection better than the N95 respirator. Just like the N95 respirator, it is disposable. This KN95 respiratory protective mask offers protection against dust, droplets, pollen, and dust, air pollutants, and a lot more.
- KN95 N9 - This KN95 mask is lightweight with a tight-fitting design like the N95 respirator. Similar to the N95 respirator, this mask filters dust and offers protection against air pollutants and particles.
- SD-KN95 - The SD-KN95 is a non-sterile type of KN95 mask. Like the N95 respirator, this KN95 mask is widely used in the healthcare industry. It is also disposable and is proven to be effective in filtering dust and other body fluids and contaminants.
KN95 mask and N95 respirator in general
Because of COVID-19, the N95 respirator and KN95 masks have become in-demand. Both are considered as best protective devices but, how are they really different from each other?
KN95 mask is China’s N95 respirator equivalent. Both are FDA approved and filter at least 95% of particles and create an airtight seal around the face. But there are a few differences between the N95 respirator and the KN95 mask in terms of overall design and fit. The KN95 generally uses the ear loop method of wearing while the N95 respirator makes use of an adjustable two head-strap.
While others consider the KN95 easier to wear, most people still prefer the N95 respirator because of its fit. The KN95 feels different than the N95 respirator. It feels different and has a looser fit compared to the N95 respirator.
Despite the slight differences between the KN95 and the N95 respirator, most people still consider both as good protective masks. Since there is a low supply of the N95 respirator, users opt to buy the KN95 instead.
The buyers are also advised to make sure to purchase the genuine N95 respirator and KN95 masks. There are some sellers online that are selling counterfeit KN95 masks and N95 respirators.
In recent times of the coronavirus, everyone is encouraged to practice social distancing, maintain the use of face shields and face masks, and of course, stay at home if possible. Everyone is doing their best to stop the spread of the virus and hoping that everything will be back to normal soon.