The 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210PlusPro, N95 80 EA/Case used to be considered as one of the best and most marketable N95 respirator in the market. However, a recent announcement of 3M showed that being marketable and being in demand does not mean that your production will not get discontinued. This is the case of the N95 respirator 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210PlusPro, N95 80 EA/Case.
In this article, we will discuss the 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210PlusPro, N95 80 EA/Case, the reason why it was discontinued, and the important facts that you should know about the current production that the world class N95 respirator currently has.
The N95 Respirator Of 8210 Plus Pro
The 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210PlusPro, N95 80 EA/Case used to be one of the gold standard N95 mask models. Of course, N95 masks all pass the NIOSH standards and the different models are all there just to comply with specific industry needs.
The 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210PlusPro, N95 80 EA/Case has the following characteristics:
- It is the classic design of the disposable N95 particulate respirator. Currently, all of the N95 mask models in the world are disposable. However, given the lack of supplies, there are a lot of studies that prove how to clean and reuse the N95 masks. The same is true with this N95 respirator model.
- It comes with braided comfort. The best thing about this model that gave it its name is the fact that the N95 mask is worn with a braided comfort headband design.
- There is a cushioning nose foam that allows the individual to breathe properly and remove it without leaving a mark at the end of the day.
- The nose clip is also adjustable and provides custom fit and seal.
- This model is usually packed for small quantity purchases and that makes it the perfect household model.
- The respirator uses 3M's proprietary technology where it comes with an advanced electrostatically charged microfiber filter media, designed for ease of breathing. Compared to models that come with external valves, this model already guarantees ease of breathing without the risk of breathing in non-filtered air.
Why Did 3M Discontinued Production Of The 8210 Plus Pro N95 Masks?
The answer is this: to make way for the better replacement - the 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210Plus, N95 160 EA/Case.
The 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210Plus, N95 160 EA/Case is one of the latest models offered by the N95 mask producer in order to meet the demand for the N95 respirator. It is considered as one of the best things that could happen to the world now that the need is higher. To get to know this product, it is discussed in the succeeding section.
The Replacement: 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210Plus, N95 160 EA/Case
The 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210Plus, N95 160 EA/Case is the replacement for the Plus Pro N95 mask version.
This model has quite a few adjustments that are needed to get done because of the demand for the N95 masks. It comes with the following characteristics:
- It is NIOSH approved. It still has the 95 percent filtration efficiency that most of the individual N95 masks are required to have.
- The style comes with a two-strap design of a braided headband. It has a staple free dual point attachment that helps provide a more comfortable and secure seal.
- The nose clip is adjustable and the design does not require any kind of adjustment.
- It also still uses the Advanced Electret Media proprietary 3M technology that is designed to make sure that the wearer does not have any difficulty in breathing.
- The lightweight construction promotes a greater level of worker acceptance and will help increase the individual’s wear time with ease.
- The NIOSH also approved this model for other hazardous environments.
- It also aims to protect the wearer from mold, Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis and other viruses that the wearer may come in contact with.
One of the best characteristics of this new model is the fact that it does not have an external exhalation valve. This means that the user may enjoy using the N95 mask without any need of more filters and more protection.
If you are still on the fence on whether you need a different model, keep in mind that the N95 respirator is currently the best personal protective equipment currently used by medical frontliners. This means that there is already a huge demand for it.
If necessary, you may look for other N95 mask alternatives that you will have easy access to. The best thing that you can do now is to always have your own supply of the N95 mask, whatever your need may be.
Quality Is What Matters
At the end of the day, what matters is that 3M continues to produce the highest quality of N95 masks that the population currently needs. While the models may change their names, designation, and the like, as long as they comply with all of the necessary NIOSH standards, everything else should be okay. Keep in mind that as long as the N95 mask you own passes the quality standards and the important fact that it should fit the wearer, you are in good hands. In a world where N95 masks are currently the most important resource, 3M is doing a great job providing the supply that the world needs..